JOINT VENTURES AND OTHER INVESTMENT VEHICLES
Representative Transactions: Joint Ventures and Other Investment Vehicles
- Various pre-development and related activities with respect to a $500 million mixed-use project in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, involving multi-family units, 300,000 square feet of retail space, 300,000 square feet of office space, and the negotiation of development, profit participation and reciprocal easement agreements.
- A $50 million redevelopment and conversion of a national headquarters building for a publicly traded company into a mixed- use project featuring retail and amenity space and the first office condominium project in downtown Chicago, Illinois, including negotiating the land acquisition contract and joint-venture agreements, and supervising preparation of the reciprocal easement agreement and condominium declarations for the project.
- A $20 million municipal acquisition of theater and entertainment facilities in multi-story condominium building, including, among other things, representation of municipality in condominium platting, preparation and negotiation of relevant condominium declarations, and purchase contract negotiations with developer.
- An upscale $200 million joint-venture lifestyle center in suburban Portland, Oregon, which includes 450,000 square feet of retail space, including a national grocer and cinema, and 50,000 square feet of office space.
- A $500 million joint-venture lifestyle center outside of Austin, Texas, including the negotiation of a reciprocal easement agreement with a national department store, sales tax rebate financing, vertical subdivision, and leasing of 725,000 square feet of retail space, including a national department store and cinema, 150,000 square feet of office condominiums and 300,000 square feet of for-rent and for-sale residential units.
- A $125 million lifestyle center project in east suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota, involving joint-venture agreements, special assessment financing, like-kind exchange issues, and the leasing of 400,000 square feet of retail space, including a national grocer and the sale of numerous outlots.
- Representation of equity interests in redevelopment and ownership restructuring of a $150 million Class A office project in downtown Detroit, Michigan.
- Representation of institutional investors in loan acquisition and modification, joint-venture restructuring, and ultimate disposition of office portfolio project totaling over $500 million.
- Development of a 145-acre light industrial park in southern New Jersey, including negotiating joint-venture documents for the development entity, a redevelopment agreement with the local redevelopment authority, and construction and use agreements concerning a 400,000 gallon water tower serving the industrial park and neighboring communities.
- Representation of owner participant in $100 million leveraged sale-leaseback for multiple site retail portfolio, including approximately 50 refinancings of separate properties, including securitized financings, subleasing, property management, redevelopment, build-to-suit sale and related development matters, property disposition, as well as lessee and rent restructurings.
- Representation of owner participant in $40 million multiple-site retail portfolio, including acquisition, financing and refinancing transactions, sale, sublease and property management matters, and property dispositions.